Printers Using HP 950/951 or 970/971 Cartridges
During the last few months HP have continued to install regular firmware updates to printers, which in turn, restrict the use of third party ink cartridges. As always, we're working hard to continously provide updated cartridges as and when they're available.
Our customers have been asking how they can prevent further updates from happening in the future, so we put together this step by step guide. Menu systems can differ slightly between printers but the process is usually very similar.
1) Select the 'gear/cog' setup icon on your printer display panel
2) Select 'Web Services' from the Setup menu
3) Select 'Printer Update' from the Web Services menu
4) Toggle 'Auto Update' to OFF
This should prevent any future Automatic Firmware Updates from being received without your knowledge.
They may however prompt you to download a Firmware Update over Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection which should be rejected if you wish to continue using third party cartridges without disruption:
1) If the 'Update Available' dialogue box should appear on your printer screen, select 'No'
2) Also answer 'No' to the secondary window as you do not wish to turn on updates