If only postage still cost 2p these days! Unfortunately, the cost of shipping has risen over the years, but we like to do as much as possible to make shipping as cheap and painless as possible!
There are a few issues we come across quite regularly when customers are looking to purchase ink cartridges. In this blog post we'll be covering postage, understanding your options and getting the best from it!
Which Postage Method Is Best For Me?
We try to make our choice of postage methods as clear as possible! Other companies sometimes hide behind false promises or bamboozle you with terminology or stats. Our postage options are as clear as we can make them and are available during the checkout process to compare at a glance, as follows:
FREE - Royal Mail 48 (Equivalent to 2nd Class Post). Royal Mail aim to deliver within 2-3 working days. Sometimes orders have been known to arrive the next day but sometimes they can take up to 5 days. This is a guideline only and we recommend waiting 5 working days from receiving your dispatch email before contacting us about missing post.
£1.00 - Royal Mail 24 (Equivalent to 1st Class Post). Royal Mail aim to deliver within 1 working day. Royal Mail claim 93% of all Royal Mail 24 Parcels are delivered the next working day, but they do not guarantee this. Likewise, the odd parcel may take up to 3 days to arrive, and again, this is just a guideline and not a guarantee of arrival times.
£5.00 - Guaranteed Next Day Delivery. This is the only shipping option that aims to guarantee delivery on the next working day after the order was placed. Provided that the order was placed before 3pm (Mon-Fri). Next Day Delivery does not include Saturday or Sunday, so items ordered on a Friday using this method should be expected on Monday.
If for any reason you do not receive your parcel within the 'Next Day' timescale, please get in touch with our customer service team and we will be happy to refund your £5.00 postage charge. Obviously from time to time, events outside of our control can happen, but we will make sure you are not left out of pocket!
Deciding What To Purchase?
This is almost as important as deciding on your postage method for some people. Nobody likes that potentially long and stressful journey to the Sorting Office, especially having to queue up to collect your undelivered parcel! If you're not generally in during the daytime when a parcel may arrive, we recommend learning what items you normally buy and work out what will fit through your letter box. It's too complex to list all of the possible combinations here, but a few examples of our most popular products are listed below:
Canon 5/8, 520/521, 525/526, 550/551, 570/571 Multipack - 2 Multipacks will fit through a standard letterbox
Canon 520/521, 525/526 Individuals- 12 Individuals will fit through a standard letterbox
Canon 5/8 Individuals- 10 Individuals will fit through a standard letterbox
Canon 550/551, 570/571 Individuals - 8 Individuals will fit through a standard letterbox
Epson T0715, 16XL, 18XL, 29XL, T1285, T1295 Multipack - 2 Multipacks will fit through a standard letterbox
HP 364XL Multipack - 3 Multipacks will fit through a standard letterbox
Brother LC123, LC223, LC980, LC970, LC1220/1240/1280 Multipack - 2 Multipacks will fit through a standard letterbox
Certain products are a little wider such as HP 950/951, 932/933, 920 and 934/935 for example. These may fit through a letterbox but it depends on the size of individual letterboxes.
Postage and Delivery Checklist!
- It's always a good idea to have an idea of when you are likely to run out of ink and make sure you have re-ordered in plenty of time. Timescales listed above are only guidelines and we're quite often left in the hands of our 3rd party delivery services after items are dispatched.
- If you order during a weekend, be aware that orders will start to be packed on Monday and the first day possible to receive a weekend order is Tuesday at the earliest.
- At checkout, make sure you have selected your current correct delivery address. Many customers have several addresses saved and it is very easy at times to select an old or incorrect address by mistake. When logged into the website, old addresses can be edited or deleted from your account section under addresses. We recommend taking a few moments to delete any old or no longer used addresses which will make the checkout process quicker for you and eliminate the chances of a mistake being made.
- Take care when entering your delivery details at checkout! We regularly see incorrect digits used in postcodes (i.e. ! instead of 1, & instead of 7, or a o instead of 0 etc.) Addresses are not routinely checked so any addresses selected or entered at checkout will be exactly where the parcel is sent. Luckily our warehouse pickers and packers spot a large % of mistakes before the parcel is sent but during busy periods, some can slip through the net!
- Like us, you'll probably find yourself at work during the times you'd expect a parcel to arrive! Make sure you have set up a designated neighbour or selected a local post office with Royal Mail for those times you are not in. Many people now choose to get their parcels delivered to a work address where there will always be someone to accept delivery.